Consolidation of Debts With A Poor Credit History
Virtually every adult in the country will have a . This is a computer file stored on a database that will contain information on your personal details and status, you income, your occupation, the amount of outstanding debt you have and your past record of paying off . Lenders will then use this information to assess your credit worthiness, or in other words, the level of risk involved in lending money to you.
Lenders are really interested in one thing when they look at your credit report, and that is the chances of you failing to repay the loan in full and on time. If they conclude, based on the information available to them, that there is a high chance that you will repay the loan in full and on time, without any difficulties, then they will be very willing to lend money to you and will offer you loans and other forms of credit on very attractive terms.
However, if they have to conclude that there is a high risk that you will not repay the loan on time or in full, then they will be less enthusiastic about lending you the money. If they are willing to lend you any money at all, it will be on less attractive terms and higher interest rates to reflect the increased risk involved in lending to you.
- - Have you ever wondered how a creditor decides whether to grant you credit? For years, creditors have been using systems of credit scoring to determine if you’d be a good risk for credit cards and auto loans.
- - Credit scoring advice from the FSA
Credit scoring models are complex and can be difficult to understand. If one factor changes, your score may change — but improvement generally depends on how that factor relates to other factors considered by the model
However, these days, with credit becoming more and more available to almost everyone, the incidence of people becoming unable to meet all their repayments, and suffering difficulties in servicing all their debt, is increasing. This is leading to an increased number of people falling into a position of getting negative credit report entries and thus their credit worthiness decreases.
Almost every morning when you look through your mail there will be offers for and credit cards, and in almost every store that you enter, you will be offered a store card or other form of credit that is designed to get you to spend ever more money, often at very high interest rates.
Another trend that is increasing, as credit is becoming more and more available, is the popularity of . One of the main reasons for the growth in popularity of these loans is the fact that credit is becoming so freely available.
Debt consolidation loans are designed specifically for people who have taken on too much short term debt, in the form of credit and store cards, bank overdrafts and similar loans. These are usually charged at extremely high interest rates, often at rates in excess of thirty per cent.
In order to get these high interest loans under control, people take out a debt consolidation loan that is an amount sufficient to repay the existing debts. This loan will be fixed at say five years, and at a fixed interest rate of say eight per cent. This means that the interest repayments each month on the consolidation loan will be far lower than they would be for all the other short term debts. You are given the advantage that the debts will be fully repaid at the end of the term of the loan, something that is unlikely if you pay the .
You are also given the advantage of only having to make one repayment each month which makes budgeting a lot easier and also decreases the probability that you will miss payments and thus become subject to and other similar fees.
- - If it seems advertisements for debt consolidation loans are everywhere, it is because consolidated loans are big business. The primary reason for people taking out personal loans over the next year will be for debt consolidation.
- - Consolidating debt is growing in popularity. The signs of this are everywhere. From television advertisements, to letters in your post box, offers of debt consolidation abound. Debt consolidation is a huge business and the primary reason for new personal loans is debt consolidation.
For these reasons, if you have a lot of outstanding high interest debts, such as the ones listed above, then it is often a very good idea to consolidate them into one low interest loan.
The only problem with this strategy is that if you are already suffering problems with your payments then your are likely to have already suffered as a result. This may make it difficult or perhaps impossible to get a debt consolidation loan. This has the harsh result that for those people who may be most in need of debt consolidation, the option may not be open to them as they are unable to secure the loan in the first place.
- - We all like to think of ourselves as fairly responsible and trustworthy people, especially when it comes to financial commitments. But the fact of the matter is that some people are more reliable and responsible than others and banks and other lenders know this.
- - Is it possible to obtain a loan if you have a poor credit score or even if you've declared bankruptcy? The answer is yes. However, not surprisingly, the loans available will have higher interest rates and restrictions that are more stringent.
The good news is that if you are a house owner, you will stand a very good chance of securing this type of credit. Usually, no matter how bad your credit has become, if you own a house and are in a position to offer it as security against the loan, then you will probably be able to secure the credit you need. You should be very careful about doing this however as you will be replacing a number of unsecured loans with a secured one which will give the lender a direct right to seize and sell your home if you default on the loan. Therefore, before opting for a debt consolidation loan, make sure you are able to keep up with the proposed repayments.
Related Subjects :
- - Did you know that switching lenders can save you money? Just because you agreed to a loan in the past, doesn’t mean that you have to stick with it forever. Most people stick with the same lender for years and years.
- - If you have a debt consolidation loan what would happen if you can't pay? This article gives some scenarios and some practical advice.
- - If you are considering a loan and you have bad credit, you will be a higher risk than other loan applicants, but what steps can be done to lower this risk?
Debt consolidation continues to grow in popularity as more and more people realise the savings they can make from doing so. Debt consolidation is a relatively simple concept. You first assess all your existing debts...
The average level of consumer credit continues to increase every year. Today there are more people in debt than ever before. This also means that there are more people having trouble making debt repayments than ever before.
- - Take the short test to evaluate your personal financial situation.
- - Calculate your loan repayments